Old March 16th 05, 05:12 AM
Robert J Carpenter

"Max Power" wrote in message
Thoughts on the demise of the former BBC/DW Caribbean Relay

Station...

5. Because the US / Canada and Western Caribbean are not primary

BBC/DW
target areas, it becomes logical to sell the facility off so that it

can be
turned into an upmarket resort -- thus putting some Euros into cash

strapped
BBC/DW as well as VT-Merlin that operated the facility.

From my memory the transmitter site was in the middle of the island -

NOT a prime resort location. Maybe it could be used for a golf
course, but I'd think any resort would have to be on a beach.

Even modern shortwave transmitting stations are hard to sell these
days. I've heard of one which recently sold for about the same price
that people are paying for large 4-bedroom houses in my neighborhood
or a modest flat in London or Paris.