Old March 16th 05, 04:12 AM
News Admin

At least one of my local fm radio stations says that their radio
station "is now broadcasing in high-definition" on their radio
frequency.

So what I need to know now is

Does anyone know where I can buy a high-definition radio?

and how much do they cost?

Is this the same as "IBOC" digital radio ? AIUI this is the US digital
radio system, where radio stations broadcast a digital carrier close to
their analogue one. It is VERY different to the European DAB radio system
which is usually implemented in a different frequency band. (In the UK the
DAB system occupies Band III, whereas VHF FM occupies Band II)