Old March 16th 05, 04:25 AM
Lucky

"jimg" wrote in message
i was talking to craig at kiwa electronics today and he couldn't
believe it as he knows as a matter of his business how popular the r75
is.

i understand his reasoning but the r-75 has some nasty little warts
that need work before it's a good modern rcvr, hence craig's business.

but today, given an rf preamp chip, an analog devices adc, an fpga, a
coupla ti dsp processors, a coupla voltage regulator chips, and you
have a very high performance radio...ever open a ten-tec...there's
nothing inside. i'm sure icom is about to come out with a very modern
rcvr derived from the dsp based receivers in their new transceivers.

jimg
Oregon
USA

I fully agree Icom has something to take it's place. Perhaps a beefed up
R-75 base with all the fixes plus better DSP at an affordable price. I hope
they don't cut corners too much if they do come out with something new. If I
didn't own a R-75, I would been buying one right away.

This may the last chance to pick a brand new communications receiver with
DSP that performs so well for the money.

Sans wild brand loyalty, no one here that loves SW radio that tried a R-75
for a month would really have much to complain about and would want to keep
it.

Lucky