Old March 16th 05, 01:38 PM
Bert Craig

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
I replaced a conventional 66' doublet with a Carolina Windom 40 LP.

It was
put up in exactly the same place the doublet was. I immediately

noticed that
I worked stations that I'd previously worked easier and their

received sigs
were stronger as well. I also worked many stations that I'd not

heard
before.

Does this mean the Windom is superior? No way! It just happened to

work out
that way for my particular set of variables.

================================

Yes. It may have been nothing to do with your antennas. By chance it
could have been a different time of day. Plus a different set of
distant amateur stations, in different locations, at different
distances, using different power and antennas, which you can't rustle
up to order. As the days and weeks go by ionospheric conditions
change.
----
Reg.

Absolutely Reg, however, to be fair to the Windom, I have had them both up
for extended periods of time with the same results. Personally, I really
don't attribute the difference to the time of day or condx in this case.
More like orientation.

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI