Old March 16th 05, 02:55 PM
tom

Thanks, that's usefull info --- but what about the swr issue? If a half
wave dipole is tuned to a certain frequency and has an swr of 1.05, say, for
the swr to rise to 2 (at VHF wavelengths) you have to go roughly 6mhz up or
5mhz down from that tuned frequency. The 2m band is only 4mhz wide in
total, anyway, so if you measure carefully, are you risking damage to the
rig (also assuming the rig has no swr protective circuitry) if you don't
check the swr with a swr meter? I don't have one, that's why I'm asking.