Old March 16th 05, 11:44 AM
dxAce

Jim wrote:

On 15 Mar 2005 12:34:52 -0800, wrote:

Yeah it's sad, but we all saw this coming. I have an R8, but I
hardly ever use it. I like the S800 much better, or I just use the
internet.

Jim

If you like your S800 better than your R8, the latter is in desperate
need of repair. You can find the address of Drake's service department
on their website.

Why? The S800 has a *much* better sync than the R8. Remember, I
have an original R8, not an R8B. The R8's sync is double sideband
only, not selectable sideband like the R8B and S800. Plus the S800
has better sound and is easier to use.

If you think an R8 (not an R8B!) is better than an S800, then your
S800 is in desperate need of repair!

My former neighbour has an S800... had them both here, side by side. The R8 was
clearly the superior receiver, and the 'sync' had nothing to do with it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8 and R8B.