Old September 25th 03, 02:07 AM
Fred Nachbaur

I second that endorsement! Mozilla's (and now Netscape's) junk mail
controls are fantastic!

Cheers,
Fred

Larry Ozarow wrote:
I'm using Mozilla's junk filtering, which has been
terrific. I have it set up to send all "junk" to
a separate Junk folder. I then do a quick check for
false alarms and then delete it all, but you can set
Mozilla to delete it after a period of time automatically.
You train the filter by manually flagging junk for a little
while and then it takes over. In the past couple of days
since I activated it, it's handled well over a hundred
swen messages, with no false alarms and maybe one or two
"misses."

David Stinson wrote:

I've got my mail reader set to download mail every 2 minutes, then the
filters take over. That keeps the server clean. Admittedly, if I
didn't have DSL, it wouldn't work. No dialup could possibly keep up
with the
mess.
The ISPs are going to have to do something soon; if you haven't noticed,
a great many regular users are, for all practical purposes, offline.
73 Dave AB5S

| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |