Old March 16th 05, 03:39 PM
Lucky

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
news:_pCZd.8074$oa6.752@trnddc07...

"
I just bought a 8 way niCd battery charger off Ebay. I won't even
recharge
the batteries in the radio. No way. My boxes are clean. I hear people
have
been using regular NiMH batteries in it. They leave them in recharging
continuously since they recharge more slowly. I wouldn't try it.

Lucky

Hi Lucky,

The niMH are fine- I've had a set in my latest 150 for 2 years now-
continuously trickle charging.
As before, the problem is when users place alkalines in the battery box
and
then use the AC adapter. It would have been nice if Lowe had included a
charge/no charge switch on the rear apron.
Dale W4OP

Got my 8 way battery charger yesterday. Does NiCDs in 5 hours, NiMH in 8.
There is no way I'll recharge and keep batteries in my 150 for a long
period. I'm too protective of it.

Lucky