Old September 25th 03, 04:06 AM
--exray--

Mike Knudsen wrote:

So, I get a lot of short spam mails with attachments, delete them un-opened and
unread, and the big downloads never happen. Of course, those attachments had
to move over hte Internet and get stored in AOL's disk farm -- butnot on MY
nickel.
73, Mike K.

Thats still not much fun if you were to be getting 200 per hour like
some guys are reporting and STILL have to manually delete them.
Not to be tooting anybody's horn but I just got a 'newsletter' from
Mailwasher saying that they can now accomodate AOL email with their
latest edition.
Hopefully this whole exercise will be an impetus for the backwards/cheap
ISPs to get some state-of-the-art filtering in place as well as
user-enabled filters.
Although the savvy users may go elsewhere I suspect that there's a lot
of 'sheeple' who will stick with their crappy ISP in spite of the
annoyance simply because they don't know it can be better. I'm kinda of
in a tossup trying to decide whether or not this is the responsibility
of the ISP or the end user but in a massive case like this one i'd have
to put the onus on the ISP to NOT pass this crap on to their users.
Thats irresponsible and bad business and is basically what causes the
whole worm to continue regenerating.

-Bill