Old March 16th 05, 10:52 PM
robert casey

K4YZ wrote:

The following is from the ARRL website...I brought over the first
paragraphs as a starting point. The remainder may be read in it's
entirety at www.arrl.org.

My question: Is this even an issue?

Less than .01% of all quilters are male...Is quilting about to
burn out?

Is there some great conspiracy to prevent women from testing? Are
there armed guards at the doors to bar their entrance? If so, I've
never seen them.

There's been women hams over the years. Find an old issue
of QST from the early 60's and there's usually a column
"YL news" or such. Usually with a small headline drawing
of a woman ham and her shack, one of the pieces of equipment
with a potted plant atop of it. Some were probably wives of
male hams, and there were probably some women who were in
ham radio without such a connection. I don't think the
percentage has varied much over the years.