Old March 16th 05, 11:40 PM
Dee Flint

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

[snip]

That there are less women in the ARS is true enough. But that is
interesting from a "why is that?" standpoint. It probably isn't so
interesting from a "how do we change Ham radio to attract more women?"
aspect.

Dee or Kim might be able to shed some light on that, in form of "Why I am
interested in Amateur radio" or perhaps some insight on why a lot of women
aren't.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Well Mike, I got interested in Amateur Radio because my former husband
dragged me to a class saying "Let's do this TOGETHER." After I was
involved, I found that I enjoyed it for its own sake. So that's when I
decided to continue to study and upgrade and go all the way to Extra.
Although he and I parted a few years ago, I still am active in ham radio.

As you may or may not know, I am an engineer. However, I really can't say
why this and other technical fields don't attract more women. One of my
daughter's also went into engineering and the other one couldn't care less
for technical fields.

I'll give this some more thought though but right now must run my daughter
around.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE