Old March 17th 05, 12:56 AM
K4YZ

K4YZ wrote:

My question: Is this even an issue?

There's beeen a lot of great ansswers here, save for Lennie's
usual attempt to be racist and chauvanistic.

What I am trying to get at, though, is "so what"...?!?!

Dee, Kim, don't get fussed at me...My only point here is that
there are NO barriers to ANYone, male, female, black, white, straight,
gay, etc etc etc getting a license.

Just like there's nothing preventing me from picking up a quilting
needle if I wanted to, or starting a floral shop, etc.

I received an off-line response that cited a lawsuit agaist the
ARRL in "the 92-94 time frame" that cited a suit brought against the
League. Sounds more like a labor dispute to me!

Does ANY organization have an "obligation" to HAVE to "recruit" on
behalf of an avocation that many consider "just a hobby"...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ