Old March 17th 05, 01:47 AM
BILLY

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:25:10 GMT, "tom" wrote:

Billy, what's Provoice? Is that one o' thum thar proprietary digital
encryption thingies?

You're mostly right, except it is not encryption, but it might as well
be. We'll have to wait until some geek at uniden figures the format
out. If it is encrypted, it won't be for long, there's a lot of people
that can handle that. I think the main prob tho is proprietary...

I know Harrison Cty MS uses edacs both with provoice (4 cities +
county and ambulance) and all the fire and rescue is analog all on the
same edac system. I frequently hear the police dispatchers when they
talk to the fire department and I have heard rescue talking to
ambulance, but they were all analog when I heard them. The county and
city maintenance workers are analog on the same system also. (water,
sewer, maint, etc)

Billy, N5WE
Mississippi