Old March 17th 05, 04:58 AM
Dave Heil

Dee Flint wrote:

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ wrote:

Just like there's nothing preventing me from picking up a quilting
needle if I wanted to, or starting a floral shop, etc.

If you can stand other people considering you weird, more power to you as
far as I'm concerned. I'm sure no one dared tell Rosie Grier (an NFL player
for those too young to remember) that he was odd for doing needlepoint. I
believe he even appeared in ads in women's magazines for needlepoint
supplies.

Rosie even had a short singing career. I saw him live as part of a
"Shindig" tour in Beckley, WV in 1964 or 65. He performed on the same
bill as Jerry and the Pacemakers, The Dixie Cups, Shirley Ellis (The
Name Game) and a young, clean-shaven Willie Nelson (doing pop songs!).

Dave K8MN