Old March 17th 05, 07:01 AM
Robert J Carpenter

March 15, 2005
Mike Rogers

Over the next ten to twenty years there will be a revolution in

broadcasting
so drastic that I believe TV sets will virtually disappear in

American homes
within the next 25 years. The in-home AM/FM radio is already going

the way
of the 1950's short-wave, and within 15 years will become a

curiosity.

The US general public "never" listened to short wave in the 1950s.
99.99% of the radios sold didn't have it.

HUGE SNIP

And back to satellite radio? Are you kidding, Howard
Stern? You don't think that people are going to go out and actually

spend a
few hundred dollars to buy a satellite dish and tuner, plus pay

monthly
subscription fees, when they can most likely get your show pirated

over the
Internet for free do you?

What kind of "expert" is this who thinks you need a dish to receive
satellite radio? Has he been in a store to price sat radio equipment?

But some of his dire predictions seem reasonable to me.