Old March 17th 05, 11:47 AM
dxAce

Li Changchun wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Li Changchun wrote:

"dxAce" wrote

For whatever reason I skipped out on the R8A as well. The only one of

the
other
above receivers I never owned was the R-4C which I don't think was

noted
as
being a good SWL receiver.

Are you kidding, Steve? Out of all the receivers I have owned the R-4C

was
"the best."
A Sherwood modified R-4C is still considered THE best "ham" SW receiver

of
all time.

Read it again comrade. I said I didn't think it was noted as a good SWL
receiver.

There was an after-market third-party variable crystal occilater you could
buy
or build that gave the R-4C General Coverage. It was published in QST I
beleive.
I built one and my R-4C performed excellently as a SWL receiver.
Too bad you missed out.

Most aficionados of SWL would (have) preferred the R-4B, and that thought has
been corroborated in the hobby press for many, many years.

dxAce
Michigan
USA