Old March 17th 05, 12:50 PM
dxAce

Jim wrote:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:27:17 -0500, "Michael Lawson"
wrote:

Here would be a good test: on 5975, there's our old buddy,
the BBC. On 5980, there's RTV Marocaine (Morocco). On
the occasional days when the BBC isn't running on 5975,
I can listen to Moroccan music on 5980. However, the BBC
simply overwhelms my reception of Marocaine on most
days on my S800. Can an R8/R8A/R8B pull Marocaine out?
That, I don't know, but the tools to do it are there on the
R8's, whereas on the S800, you're rather limited to the sync
and the 6/4/2.3 bandwidths.

The outstanding sync on the S800 eliminates the need for all those
"tools" on the R8. Got a het? Gone with the sync. Splatter from
a nearby blowtorch? Gone with the sync. The 6/4/2.3 bandwidths are
identical to the R8's, BTW. The R8 also has 1.8 and .5, which are
pretty much useless except for code, and I don't listen to that.

BTW, the S800 passes your above BBC/Morocco test, in 5 seconds by
pressing a *single button*! The R8 can do it also, but only after 5
minutes of manual knob twiddling.

5 minutes? You obviously have no clue as to how to operate a receiver.

That's unfortunate... but it's good that you've found a receiver you are capable
of operating.

Enjoy.

dxAce
Michigan