Old March 17th 05, 01:48 PM
Jay

You could also try to see if you can get it on a good car radio (most OEM
radios have decent am's in them). Whether or not you can receive it reliably
has much to do with their particular coverage...the 50 Kilowatters vary
tremendously in their coverage areas. I find that "listenable" nighttime
reception of 600-700 mile distant signals on decent radios is about
50/50...meaning they can vary from excellent some nights to non-existent
others.

Since there are so many variables, you won't know for sure whether it is
possible unless you try it for yourself over several nights. And, of course,
as someone else said, you will get no listenable daytime reception at that
distance.

Jay
"David" wrote in message
On 16 Mar 2005 14:33:30 -0800, wrote:

After reading some of the sites dedicated to extending the broadcast
range of regional radio stations, it occurred to me that I could avoid
paying the NFL for streaming broadcasts of NFL games not available in
my area.

I'm particularly interested in pulling in the big Chicago AM radio
station 780 WBBM. I'm a transplant Bears fan that now lives in the
Tampa area.

Is it possible to get reliable reception from that distance, with say a
GE AM/FM "SuperRadio" III, 7-2887? Or am I just dreaming.

Thanks,
Mark

Sirius Satellite offers WBBM NFL coverage.

www.sirius.com