Old March 17th 05, 02:53 PM
Richard Fry

Mark wrote:
I'm particularly interested in pulling in the big Chicago AM radio
station 780 WBBM. Is it possible to get reliable reception from
that distance, with say a GE AM/FM "SuperRadio" III, 7-2887?

There are a fair number of stations operating on 780kHz from Mexico and
Cuba, with night-time operations that will be a problem for you, no matter
what receiver you use. Probably the worst interferer will be CKMC in Moa,
Cuba with 1kW of night-time power, non-directional.

I live about 275 miles from WBBM, and their night-time signal here often has
fairly weak, but audible Spanish programming under it from one or more
co-channel stations.

RF