Old August 29th 03, 08:28 PM
David Robbins

"Peter O. Brackett" wrote in message
k.net...
David:

[snip]
i'm sorry, but that just isn't true. make me an equivalent, with a
distributed line, of a 1v step voltage source in series with a 1ohm
resistor.

[snip]

A 1volt step voltage in series with a zero length transmission line
terminated in a 1 Ohm resistor!

sri, you cut off one important thing... your last sentence before my
request...

If you don't like lumped models, then make the internal resistance of the
Thevenin
generator out of a distributed line. It will work just the same way.

i am asking you to show me a distributed model for the internal resistance
of a thevenin generator that as a lumped model is a 1v step voltage source
in series with a 1 ohm resistor. a zero length transmission line doesn't
exist so the model is still lumped.