Old March 17th 05, 03:17 PM
Michael Lawson

Better than the R-5000 with the optional filters? Just
curious, since I've had some success DX-ing with
the S800, but an R8B it ain't. And yes, I can agree with
the utes and ham signals, a notch would come in
awfully handy to zap those pesky hets.

--Mike L.

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
the satellit 800 kills most of them. it has been my desktop receiver

for a
couple of years now. that selectable sync puts it way over the top

of any
receiver Kenwood or Yaesu ever made. and I have had EVERY Kenwood

and Yaesu
HF receiver made in the past 25 years. they were pretty useless

compared to
the 800. you have to spend a lot of money to beat the 800 for SWBC

DX (don't
get it for utes, get an R75)

wrote in message
oups.com...
It is also a very good time to pick up one of the several high

quality
tabletop receivers that have been pulled from the market in the

last 15
years. A used Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu or Japan Radio receiver can

also
provide a lot of value for the price.