Old March 17th 05, 05:40 PM
David

Nothing beats a tube radio for long distance medium wave reception.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:16:55 -0600, wrote:

Here goes that old refrain again.(I once read somewhere) Look around in
the auto junk yards in your area for Japanese auto/pickuptruck radios
which date back to the 1980's.I once read somewhere on the intenet that
some of those older model Japanese auto radios are good at picking up
long distance AM stations.(Shortwave is the higher end of AM) Someone in
this news group probally knows more than I do about that and can tell
you how to properly set up older model auto radios to use in your home.
cuhulin