Old March 17th 05, 11:03 PM

David wrote:
Nothing beats a tube radio for long distance medium wave reception.

Thats fairly silly...Whether it has tubes or not will
not be a deciding factor. He wants a radio with good
selectivity. When I was listening to the station last
night, I was *not* using a tube radio, and to tell you
the truth, I doubt any of my older tube radios would
have had the needed selectivity to weed that station out
of the muck. A car radio would have been *useless*. A normal
tube radio with standard wide filters would have been *useless*.
But my icom with it's narrow filter was the cat's ass when
it came to weeding that station out, with a local "next door"
on 790kc. Not a tube in sight...
Sensitivity will not be a factor unless the radio is
"really" lame.
MK