Old August 29th 03, 09:10 PM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Default Antenna computor modeling analysis

When modeling a particular antenna and reviewing the
current flow on a particular radiator that was
interupted by a gap ( small capacitor) it was noticed
that the current values showed a flutter or cyclical
current curves (positive values with cyclical deviation )
before the smoothed out to a normal current curve,starting
at the capacitor gap
Anybody have any idea what this represents as opposed
to an assumption that it was all misprogrammed?
I was thinking that it showed a particular high
resonance ( mechanical? ) at that particular point
but that is what I want it to represent.
This only appeared when the antenna was relatively
resistive ( 60 ohms) and 2Kc wide ( resonated loop ala filter)
and applying max number of pulses per sectiom.
( professional program that provides high pulse useage)
At the moment I am trying to remove these small waves
by adding resistance to broaden the bandwidth.
Sorry the question is not as high tech as the present
flood of wave reflection, conjugate match postings e.t.c.
but it does provide something that all can voice an
opinion on and rejoin the group, hopefully after a little
bit of thought or a rummage thru a book.
Regards
Art