Old March 18th 05, 10:47 AM
dxAce

Jim wrote:

On 17 Mar 2005 19:20:59 -0800, wrote:

The very fact that you performed this test demonstrates that you were
at least able to entertain the possibility that the S800 had a
weakness, and that, sir, is simply inexcusable. I realize that this is
usenet and freedom of thought and speech is rampant, but asking people
to suppose that the S800 might not be the best receiver in this (or
any) world is going too far. There is no receiver in the world that can
even begin to compete against the S800. There *could not be* another
receiver that could compete against the S800. If you want to talk about
high grade, military equipment....bring it on. The S800 is better than
all of that garbage! I hope I never have to point any of this out
again!!!!!

WTF are you babbling about? Who ever claimed that the S800 was the
"best receiver" and "has no weaknesses"?

I simply performed his "good test". The S800 won. Note - AGAIN -
that I have an original R8 with the double sideband only sync. The
R8B would have performed better, because it's sync is identical to the
S800's - both were designed by Drake you know!

The R8 is simply outdated, having been designed nearly 15 years ago.

Outdated? I still use the R8 more than the R8B or the R7. I'd hardly say that it
is outdated. While it lacks the more sophisticated 'synch' that the R8B has,
that has no bearing whatsoever on its ability to receive, and for all practical
purposes it is the same receiver.

I rarely find it necessary to use the 'synch' in either the R8 or the R8B.

The S800 is no match for the R8 series of receivers.

I take it that perhaps you are more of a program listener than a DX'er?

dxAce
Michigan
USA