Old March 18th 05, 04:58 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:27:36 -0600, "Ken Bessler"
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:04:09 -0600, "Ken Bessler"
wrote:
Tonight I looked at my CPU temp and it was a tad higher
(127 deg F) than normal so I decided to turn on a box
fan pointed at the left side of the tower case. To my shock,
the QRM faded away! I switched the fan on and off several
times to prove my theroy.

I would think that the likely suspect would be one that does
not already have a fan. I followed the signal as it went off
freq and faded. It climbed 3 kc on 40m then faded out.

Hi Ken,

I don't quite follow the implication of your statement. Do you have a
dual CPU system, where one CPU has a fan and the other not?

As it appears to be temperature based (the reason why the fan appears
to be significant) and CPU based (over clocked for its operating
temperature); I would suggest trying to cool the CPU with an aerosol
(freeze mist) or one of those cans of air for keyboard cleaning.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC