Old March 18th 05, 04:20 PM
John Popelish

"G. Doughty" wrote:

Good Morning,

I am putting together a winkey keyer kit (I know it is not true homebrew,
but I am just a lowly English teacher). Anyways, I have a variable pot with
three poles and need to know which one is ground. How can I find that out
with a multimeter?

No terminal of a pot is grounded inside the pot. It is just a chunk
of resistance with a terminal on each end sliding contact in the
middle.

I think you need to connect the bottom terminal (when you are looking
at the end of the shaft and the terminals are to the left) to ground
and the middle one (the wiper) to the speed control input (S).
See page 13 of:
http://k1el.tripod.com/winkey.pdf

--
John Popelish