Old March 18th 05, 06:05 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"AbbN" wrote:

Hi,

"Jim" wrote in message
On 17 Mar 2005 19:20:59 -0800, wrote:

WTF are you babbling about? Who ever claimed that the S800 was the
"best receiver" and "has no weaknesses"?

I simply performed his "good test". The S800 won. Note - AGAIN -
that I have an original R8 with the double sideband only sync. The
R8B would have performed better, because it's sync is identical to the
S800's - both were designed by Drake you know!

The R8 is simply outdated, having been designed nearly 15 years ago.
The S800 benefits from being designed about 5 years ago. That's all.
No big deal - technology marches on and all that.

The S800 is just the best receiver *I* own. I have loads of radios
here, the S800 is just best that I personally have. I never claimed
it was the "best in the world". I stand by my statement that I would
take an S800 over an R8 - NOT an R8B! OK?

And....

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I say the S800 is far better than the R8B. It's better than any
receiver and therefore immune to all criticism.

I own a Sat-800, Grundig 400PE and DX-398 and my best friend has my DX-394B
(he's "borrowing" it and loves it) and another friend now owns my Grundig
100PE. The Sat-800 here in Canada goes for $600 CDN (I got mine on sale for
$550 over 3 years ago) and the R8B goes for about $2200 (about 3.7x - 4x
more than the Sat-800, depending on how you calculate it).

I certainly believe the R8B to be better than my Sat-800, but not 3.7 to 4
times better.....

You are right. It's 10X better.

--
Telamon