Old March 19th 05, 12:29 AM
N9OGL

He probably pays for the time...it normally cost on the shortwave bands
between $50 to $100. I'll stick with were I'm at.

Todd N9OGL

Mr. Obvious wrote:
I was doing a bit of SWLing this afternoon on the way home from work
and happened to catch "The Real Amateur Radio Show" (hosted by the
TimTron, WA1HLR) on WBCQ - 7415 khz.

From what I gathered, the folks at WBCQ donate airtime to Tim for

his
show - which is used to discuss ham-radio-related topics,

propagation,
technical matters and so forth.

'BCQ would be a natural to host OGL's broadcasts; at ~250kw ERP on

each
of their assigned frequencies they're bound to reach a large SW
audience.

Todd might wish to call the owners of the station (Becker Broadcast
Systems, IIRC) and see about getting some airtime donated...