Old March 19th 05, 12:22 AM
Dan Conti

I have bought and sold much on Ebay. I have had them cancel an auction for
violation of some rule of theirs, but they always e-mailed me with the
reason.

Still no e-mail or response to my inquiry from eBay.

It was always something I did because I did not read the entire
rules. They also always refunded my "insertion fee". They are certainly a
big company, and you can "take them or leave them" I'm sure they would not
care. How do you pay them? If you do as everyone should, pay with a credit
card you can challenge the charge. Over the years I have had EXCELLENT
service from both Master Card and Discover when someone tried to burn me
both on line and in person.
If, and it's a BIG if, this really happened like you "claim", it sounds
like it was some kind of mistake.

Click this link and you will see that my auction was in fact dumped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Does anyone here know if Ebay has some
rule about posting a link to their auctions in Usenet?

Yes, you are not suppsed to post anything related to an eBay auction
ANYWHERE outside of eBay in any form or advertisement. This may be to
protect them from charges of SPAM from their company, and also for them
to maintain an absolute monopoly and control over any content or ads
from their service.

If people really did bid on your scanner you can just e-mail them and make
a deal to sell them the scanner.

Yes, they REALLY did. And guess what? I can't e-mail them because the
auction is GONE and I dont' have the information.

And you know what? Doing so would violate YET ANOTHER eBay rule. If
you click the link above and read, you will see what it is.

Dan