Old March 19th 05, 12:37 AM
cl

"Ed" wrote in message
. 93.175...

I will re-post it
on eBay, but will follow eBay's rules and NOT post any FA on the
newsgroups, not even rec.radio.swap.

I'd be interested in seeing that particular rule.... if you would please
provide a link. It doesn't seem logical to me that EBay would prohibit
the
advertising of their own auction on other sites, when such advertising can
only further EBay's chance of increased profits through the EBay sale
going
as high as possible.

Ed

I've advertised FAs here just recently, my auctions weren't cancelled. I'm
wondering if somehow, "maybe" someone sent E-Bay - the non tech wizards they
are, a notice that perhaps your scanner was modified or whatever, to make
them think it was illegal????? Just a thought. I've seen other FAs in here
as well, none of them complained of having their auctions cut short.

The ONLY auction "I" had cut short, was a "linear" I was auctioning off -
listed as NOT working, the finals pulled, for parts. I listed it I believe
for 10 meters, yet they pulled it. No big deal... But they've never pulled
my auctions for posting FA.

IF you have suspects in mind, I suggest you take it up with them. Why turn
vigilante against the whole group?

cl