Old March 19th 05, 12:51 AM
Dan Conti

I've advertised FAs here just recently, my auctions weren't cancelled. I'm
wondering if somehow, "maybe" someone sent E-Bay - the non tech wizards they
are, a notice that perhaps your scanner was modified or whatever, to make
them think it was illegal????? Just a thought. I've seen other FAs in here
as well, none of them complained of having their auctions cut short.

Good thought. I was thinking the same thing. We all know it is
impossible for the 796D to be continuous coverage or modded, but eBay
will go by whatever someone tells them.

This is why I can't wait to see their response.

The ONLY auction "I" had cut short, was a "linear" I was auctioning off -
listed as NOT working, the finals pulled, for parts. I listed it I believe
for 10 meters, yet they pulled it. No big deal... But they've never pulled
my auctions for posting FA.

If NO NE dropped a dime to them about you posting FA, they will never
bother you. DO you really think eBay scours the newsgroups for
violations? They turn a blind eye until someone makes a complaint, then
they have to act.

IF you have suspects in mind, I suggest you take it up with them. Why turn
vigilante against the whole group?

I have A suspect in mind, but can never prove it. eBay will not turn
over the info on the complainant.

No vigilante, just making sure that what was good for Goose Dan, is good
for the gander.

You can thank the no-life asshole among you for it...

Dan

cl