Old March 19th 05, 01:48 AM
Dan Conti

Seems pretty clear.

ANYTHING related to eBay posted on USENET is a No No.

I'll be watching...

Dan

Spam

eBay policy prohibits members from sending spam. Spam is defined as
email that is both unsolicited and is commercial in nature.

* Unsolicited - The email must have been sent without the permission
of the person who received it.
* Commercial - The email must discuss buying, selling or trading of
goods or services.

Some examples of spam include:

* Unsolicited email offers for items that are the same or similar to
items you are bidding on or have bid on in the past.
* Email sent to you from a mailing list without your permission.
* Direct or stand-alone invitations to join a mailing list.
* Email sent using the "Contact eBay Member" link on the eBay Web
site to send unsolicited commercial offers.

Some members have also reporting receiving requests for personal
information in email messages that are made to appear that they were
sent from eBay. More information on these messages, as well as how they
can be reported, can be found on the Email and Websites Impersonating
eBay page.

Please be aware that eBay's spam policy applies only to unsolicited
commercial messages sent by eBay members. If you are receiving surveys,
promotional messages or other email from eBay that you feel you should
not be receiving, please refer to the Notification Preferences Overview
for information on how to change the types of email you receive from eBay.

Email messages that are not commercial in nature, including offensive or
unwelcome email, do not fall under the eBay spam policy.

Sellers are permitted to invite other users to join a mailing list as
long as the email is related to the transaction and the mailing list
invitation is not the primary purpose of the email.

Instant messages and other forms of communication conducted outside of
eBay are not within our jurisdiction. Although posts on the eBay
Discussion Boards are not reviewed as spam, eBay does have a policy
related to appropriate board usage.

If you have received spam from another eBay member, please report it. In
order to investigate a spam report, we must have a complete copy of the
email you received with the full header included.

If you received a warning for violating our spam policy and you believe
that it was sent in error, please contact us .

If you were suspended for violating our Spam policy and would like to
contact us, please send us an email.