Old March 18th 05, 09:47 PM
Lucky

wrote in message
oups.com...
how can a mass produced commodity be a collectors item ? a collectors
item should be something that was not produced in large numbers or is
old and many are not available any more. the FRG-7 is very common as is
the 7700. and they are not old at all.

SX-88, that is an example of a collectors rig.

Not true. A collectors item is anything a collector of those items thinks it
is. To me, the FRG-7700 is one radio in my collection of radios. They may
have been mass produced, but they are over 20 year old and the supply is
dwindling every week. To each his own...

Lucky