Old March 19th 05, 05:13 AM
Dan Conti

This seems to be the best info on the eBay rules for posting on Usenet
newsgroups:

"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or
violates the Usenet board policy. If Usenet abuse is reported to
eBay, we may among other remedies remove the listing, issue a
warning, or suspend the user's eBay account.

Please note that eBay can only take action in cases where it's
clear it was an eBay member who posted to the Usenet group
inappropriately."

As you can see.. It is permitted by eBay to post a link to your
eBay auction listing IF and only IF it is appropriate for that
newsgroup. If the newsgroup permits it, then go for it if you
want... If it is against the policy of that newsgroup, then it can
be reported to eBay and your ISP who each may take actions.

Who determines what can be posted on WHAT newsgroup?

Where can these rules be found?

Who decides what is appropriate?

My rantings aside, this entire episode will be a good learning
experience for us all.

Apparently, if I go to eBay with a FA posting and tell them it's against
the newsgroup rules, that person is in violation and subject to all
kinds of actions...

Dan