Old March 19th 05, 04:45 PM
Dan Say

Max Power wrote:

The real estate could be used for many things besides a resort.
In the Caribbean, due to the limited amount of land -- land
costs will always be higher.

Not all resorts have to be on the beach, in Fiji many are not.

Picture of antenna relay at:
http://www.ilgradio.com/sitetour/sitetour-atg.htm
High res. map of Antigua at:
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/ameri...guabarbuda.jpg
Caribbean Relay Co. has P.O. box in St. Johns, the capital.
Many QSL listings for the various services there at:
http://www.schoechi.de/ac-atg.html#BBC%20(ATG)

If a multinational company is interested, a higher price may
occur during the land sale.

Thoughts on the demise of the former BBC/DW Caribbean Relay
Station...
.................................................. ..........

From my memory the transmitter site was in the middle of the
island -
NOT a prime resort location. Maybe it could be used for a golf
course, but I'd think any resort would have to be on a beach.

Even modern shortwave transmitting stations are hard to sell
these
days. I've heard of one which recently sold for about the same
price that people are paying for large 4-bedroom houses in my
neighborhood or a modest flat in London or Paris.

--
For real Dxing,