Old March 18th 05, 06:18 PM
Mark Zenier

In article . com,
wrote:
Hello. I just got a PT-80, my second Sangean--I'm very happy with the
WR-1 I've had for a year.

I've never used shortwave or longwave radio before, but I'd like to.
This PT-80 picks up AM/FM fine but I can not get anything on SW or LW
mode (just static or silence). I live in Washington State, is there a

Like the other poster says, try (at least this week until the schedules
change) the 6 MHz band. At 5 and 8 PM local time, there's Radio
Netherlands at 6165 kHz, and the BBC at 8-10 PM on 6135 kHz. During
the day can be pretty dead on 6 MHz, but they rebroadcast CBC-1 from
Vancouver on 6160. Morning, try for Radio Australia (5995, 6020, 7240,
9580, 9590, 9710, 11880 (kHz)) or the BBC (9740, 7160, 6195).

particular website that lists what frequency I must tune the radio in
order to hear anything? Also, if I push the "BAND" button the radio
rotates through AM/FM/SW/LW but not MW. The instructions indicate that
MW is picked up with the PT-80. I hope this PT-80 is not just a

Medium Wave is another name for AM. (Technically, Medium Wave is
defined as 300 kHz to 3 MHz).

lightweight AM/FM clock radio that cost $160!

Mark Zenier Washington State resident