Old March 19th 05, 09:33 PM
Pete KE9OA

That could very well be.....................I used to set up at those
hamfests with one of my plexiglass receivers. Nice hamfest. I never saw so
many honest people in my life. I have a friend from Dubuque; his name is
John Richardson. He would always set up a long tent over several tables. He
looked like an American Indian with that long ponytail, and he always would
have some cool stuff, like those old RCA navy receivers, R390s, R338s, and
other super cool stuff. Last time I ran into him was at Radio Expo last
September.

Pete

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
news

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
One more thing I forgot to mention............I am also adept at aligning
all Drake receivers, up to the '7 line.
Thanks!

Pete

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
Hi folks,
My job at at my present employer is winding down, so it
might be time to market some of my other products and services.
Would there be interest in.............................
1. a DDS based AM signal generator, tuning steps down to 10Hz, coverage
from 10Hz to 30MHz. This could go all the way up to 60MHz.
2. A DDS based VFO that has programmable offset for the displayed
frequency............good for an LO for your receiver experiments.
3. A DDS based replacement for the Drake FS-4 synthesizer, that has a
projected price of about 130 dollars. Some of you Drake list folks may
have seen this inquiry posted by Dan.
4. Receiver mods, such as attenuator removal, etc. I could do audio mods
to receivers, but since Craig, over at Kiwa is already doing this, I
don't want to encroach into his territory. I have spoken to him in the
past, and he is a good guy, as well as being a straight shooter.
5. Receiver characterizations, such as sensitivity, overload point,
distortion measurements. I have all of the equipment necessary to do
these characterizations. Price for this service would be 30 dollars,
plus shipping.

There are quite a few ideas that I have, but if there is some kind of
service you are looking for, please e-mail me directly and let me know.
I can do some receiver repairs, including the Lowe HF-150, and I can
align just about any receiver, including the old tube boatanchors. I
have restored and aligned: all Hammarlund receivers, most of the
Hallicrafters and National receivers, Collins receivers.
I am also set up to do stereo FM tuner alignments. I can verify stereo
separation up to at least 65dB, and distortion measurements down to
0.0015%.
Before I started designing radios, I used to design and build custom
audio equipment for folks.
Thanks for looking at this post................once again, it would be
good to contact me directly so that I don't end up starting a long
thread, but I will check this one from time to time.

Pete

I think there is actually a market for all of the above, Pete.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

BTW - I saw your post about the Cedar Rapids Hamfest. We probably walked
right past each other a dozen times or so, but didn't know it. (I lived
in Dubuque
a few years ago)