Old March 20th 05, 12:33 AM

'3.. PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible
Medicine'

'I don't have enough knowledge of the group to have an opinion. I bet
you
don't either'

actually, i do. they are a group of charlatan doctors giving out false
health information vegetarianism & attempting to suppress any info
that is contrary to their agenda.

you can be against the unnecessary suffering of animals & factory
farms, yet not be a liar. pastured, unmedicated animals raised in
marginal conditions for growing crops are GOOD for you to eat.

support local farmers. http://www.localharvest.org/

btw, a whole litter of field mice was killed when i tore up a manure
pile to make compost (and my husband found a dead dog in a bale of hay!
again for compost.) life is suffering, even for vegans wearing
petroleum based footwear (obtaining THAT doesn't hurt the environment
we all, inc animals, live in. nope, nope.) the jainists- i respect
them, but man! that must be a pain in the ass, walking around
constantly trying not to breathe in a gnat.

it's not realistic for most of us to live that way, & most of us
(humanity) who CAN, choose to eat meat. if vegetarians spent half the
energy they do trying to get us not to eat meat, trying to abolish
cruel (and unhealthy for those of us on the other end of the food
chain) agribusiness practices, there'd be a heluva lot less suffering.
but suffering there will be, no matter what we do. welcome to the
post-sin world.

susan b