Old August 29th 03, 11:45 PM
Dan Richardson

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:37:00 GMT, "Charles Wittnam"
wrote:

I am trying to salvage the situation before going to
war with Antennas and More with my credit card company. They shipped the
wrong antenna to me and have NOT answered numerous calls or emails. I was
looking for a 40 meter OCF dipole and they sent me a 80 meter OCF, which
was not what I ordered because of space limitations.
If I could cut the thing down to use on 40 meters then I can save the
inevitable hassle of dealing with this outfit and going to war with them via
my credit card company.. However, my understanding is that a lot of the
commercial builders of the OCF dipoles use a 2/1 balun for their 40 meter
antennas since they are trying to match a different impedance spot on the
shorter antenna., hence it is not necessarily the case that you can just cut
them down. Any thoughts?

KD7HU

Why not just scale the antenna? That's is to say, in your case, reduce
the length of the wires by a factor of ½.

Danny, K6MHE