Old March 20th 05, 08:20 PM
J M Noeding

On 20 Mar 2005 11:25:38 -0800, wrote:

I may be missing something, but neither one of the schematics shown in
your link will work as you want.

For example, in link 2, you cannot get 70V out from a 24V AC source
without some sort of voltage trippling or use of reactive components.
Neither of these is present.

Sorry, you are right, I wasn't really awake

In link 1, you show a 24V regulater incorrectly wired and employed
above its ratings.

It is really tested 30 years ago, and the construction is shown on
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/g1.htm , but it used 2N3055, not power
fet, it should be the same - in principle

Did you leave something out perhaps, like your input and output leads?
Your post leaves me a little confused, but for me that's nothing new.
:-)

-JM
---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/91n.htm