Old March 20th 05, 09:00 PM
Don Forsling

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
March 15, 2005
Mike Rogers

The in-home AM/FM radio is already going the way
of the 1950's short-wave,

And what way was that? There was virtually no short-wave radio penetration
in the 1950's..maybe .5% of homes has short-wave reception capability at
most. There's never been a significant short-wave penetration among
non-hobbyist listeners in the U.S.-- never, ever.

That said, yes, there is a possibility that AM./FM as we know it now will go
away. It is, in fact, more than a possibility. It's a certainly with time.
But who cares? When it does go away, it'll be replaced by something else
that serves roughly similar needs and desires and will probably be niftier
and more appealing--else why would AM/FM go away? I could not care less if
a particular technology goes away. It happens all the time.

Now, I'll go away.

Don Forsling

"Iowa--Gateway to Those Big Rectangular States"