Old March 20th 05, 09:26 PM
Howard

On 20 Mar 2005 15:48:30 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

Here's another side to the environmentally sound wind power option.
California has several wind power 'farms' that contribute to our power
grid; recently these were attacked by animal lovers as they 'pose a
hazard to birds'! That's right, a group of avian rights crusaders
(can't remember which fringe element this was - we seem to have so
many fringe elements in California it would be a full time job to
maintain the list) decided to not only stand in the way of new
wind-farms but to challenge those that exist as endangered birds could
fly into the blades and meet an untimely death. This might be funny -
if it weren't true.

Howard

Even *if* true, I think seeing these two groups of birkenstock-wearing,
tree-hugging, worm-infested, earth-muffins bickering back & forth is
absolutely hilarious to me!

-=jd=-

JD,
It is true, though it seems to have fallen into the background noise
as to how it was addressed/settled. I too saw the humor of the
situation.

Howard