Old March 21st 05, 07:31 AM
Simon VK3XEM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"DieSea" wrote in message

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

DieSea wrote:

Not my LOCAL Node

Local OP says there's enough contest on HF where SOME SKILL is needed
and says
he's on holiday until the end of April.

To have contest on TWO DAYS a week is TOO much , for SEVEN Days its

insufferable.

I don't understand why cell phones aren't included.

- Mike -

They should be , after all they can be used to control an EchoLink or IRLP
Node .

I Should also add that this contest is on for a FULL MONTH , that's a full
28 days
or more .

If I remember MattD had some suitable comment a day or so back.

DieSea

Great....I'll join in if someone can help me get my CW Key to operate on it.

Dan/W4NTI

There would be no reason why you can't use CW over IRLP. Stop bagging
IRLP, if you don't like it then don't use it!

WAKE UP! There are so many different things you can do on Amateur
Radio, there is room for everyone.

I just checked, there are a total of 1591 IRLP nodes, 1034 active, 879
idle and 105 in calls. This indicates the following to me:

1. IRLP is a popular way of communications on Amateur Radio.

2. This contest is going to have very little impact on any one local
node. Big deal someone is going to dial it up, put out a call either
they will make a contact or they won't and then they will close the link!

Get over it! Go back to your CW if you want, who bothers you or bags you
for using it, I know I certainly don't.

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/cli...IENT_NO=157452
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/