Old March 21st 05, 08:25 AM
DieSea

Great....I'll join in if someone can help me get my CW Key to operate on it.

Dan/W4NTI

There would be no reason why you can't use CW over IRLP. Stop bagging
IRLP, if you don't like it then don't use it!

WAKE UP! There are so many different things you can do on Amateur
Radio, there is room for everyone.

I just checked, there are a total of 1591 IRLP nodes, 1034 active, 879
idle and 105 in calls. This indicates the following to me:

1. IRLP is a popular way of communications on Amateur Radio.

2. This contest is going to have very little impact on any one local
node. Big deal someone is going to dial it up, put out a call either
they will make a contact or they won't and then they will close the link!

Get over it! Go back to your CW if you want, who bothers you or bags you
for using it, I know I certainly don't.

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/cli...IENT_NO=157452
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/

Simon

I'm not bagging IRLP or Voip

A contest running for 24 hours perhaps or at a push 1 weekend but 24 / 7 for 28
days no way.

Ofcom / the RSGB have put in the conditions of issuing a Notice of Variation ,
that the holder of the Nov MUST be on site at all times the node is running , if
he's not then the can rescind his Nov if caught.

I would be surprised if any UK amateur providing a VoiP Gateway would be at home
for 24 / 7 for 28 days .

It there fore puts the UK amateur at a dis-advantage as soon as the licensee walks
of the property , the node should be turned off.

DieSea