Old March 21st 05, 09:28 AM
DieSea

It there fore puts the UK amateur at a dis-advantage as soon as the licensee

walks
of the property , the node should be turned off.

DieSea

I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to go against the regs. But what has
that got to do with the IRLP contest? My point was with so many active
nodes out there the load would be spread out and traffic I would expect
be very minimal on any given node.

It certainly doesn't make the "PLAYING FIELDS LEVEL"

Our local Node op has been away this weekend helping at the Blackpool Rally so his
nodes been down since Friday , its just gone up.

In some respect we're lucky as he's an elderly bloke with mobility problems , he
doesn't get out much , so when he's up its on , he's still p***ed off with this 24
/ 7 x 28 day contest .

The Next comment you make is that its radio to radio , that's not 100 % correct ,
I know of at least 3 VK's , 2 VE's and at least 5 G / M stations that don't have a
radio connected to their node . Its quite easy to confirm that comment about G / M
stations if you know where to look.

DieSea.