Old August 30th 03, 01:12 AM
Peter O. Brackett

David:

[snip]
i am asking you to show me a distributed model for the internal resistance
of a thevenin generator that as a lumped model is a 1v step voltage source
in series with a 1 ohm resistor. a zero length transmission line doesn't
exist so the model is still lumped.

[snip]

Dave you are being picayune. No one wins a ****ing contest like this,
everyone just gets **** on their hands.

I could respond with... OK then... how about a transmission line of length
somewhat less than exp(-exp(-exp-1000))) meters in series with a 1 Ohm
resistor. Will that do? Or do I could use a "recursive" definition.

It simply doesn't address or affect the point at hand, which is that a
complex Zo line terminated in its' conjugate will exhibit a non-zero
reflected voltage. Do you agree? If not, what 's your point?

"When I use a word", Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone,
"it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less."

"The question is", said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many
different things."

"The question is", said Humpty Dumpty, "Who is to be master: - that's all."

-- Lewis Carol, "Alice in Wonderland - The Turtle soup"

Dave, I am willing to help you understand my unimportant proof, I didn't
realize it was such a big
deal, but hey... I recall you asked or commented about my posting, but if
all you wanted is to fuss
with me over side issues such as if lumped systems obey different laws than
distributed systems, then
I presume that we will have to agree that we cannot have a productive
discussion..

If I have offended you in some way, I did not mean to, please accept my
appologies.

Best Regards,

--
Peter K1PO