Old March 21st 05, 07:40 PM
Mike Ward

On 21 Mar 2005 17:41:41 GMT, Steve Sobol wrote:

Can't speak for Infinity - Uncle Mel must have just lifted the streaming ban,
because to date I've never been able to find Infinity stations that stream. But
Clear Channel has been streaming Internet broadcasts of their stations with no
ads at all for a year or two... first using HiWire, and now using... I forget who.

"Uncle Mel" is now running Sirius, and is no longer the head honcho at
Infinity.

Several big market Infinity FMs have been streaming via the closed AOL
for Broadband system for a few months now. I believe this
"experiment" started even before Mr. Karmazin left Infinity.

Shortly thereafter, they started streaming WCBS/880, the NYC all-news
station...the first Infinity station to stream outside the AOL
network. And just last week, they launched most of Infinity's big
market all-news and news/talk stations into streaming. So, if you
haven't found Infinity stations that stream, you haven't looked very
recently