Old September 29th 03, 03:22 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:49:23 -0400, --exray-- wrote:

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Any suggestions on a good ISP

On a more positive note than my last comment you can check to see which
ISPs in your area provide the ability to establish your own filtering at
the server so that if this ever happens again, and I'm sure it will,
then you can stop it (and other garbage) at the server based on your own
criteria.

I've been using a service like that which covers quite a few states.
They use filtering that has a core functionality and then you can add
your own choices on top of that.

If something slips through, I just forward the message back to the IPS
as an attachment and they add it to the blocked list.

It works pretty well and greatly reduces the load on my own filters.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Just check the website homepages of the ISPs operating in your locale
and if they have such a feature surely they will tout it. More and more
are going in this direction.
As far as customer service, one of the ISPs I use has a fully automated
management system to add email accounts, change passwords, etc. There's
really no reason to ever have to call them.

-Bill M