Old March 22nd 05, 02:54 AM
John Smith

Well... yes... and no....
In investigating small antennas, my quest was not to find antennas which
preformed within 1 db as well, as well, or God forbid, better than their
full sized counter parts.
Rather, I was looking for antennas which preformed better than the poor
preformance which standard theory would suggest--a simple suggestion that
the theory was in error and, hopefully ones which could be utilized with
acceptable results in restricted spaces. Both of those condidtions I did
find!
While a pocket antenna which would preform as well as a half wave antenna on
low freqs (or any freq for that matter) would be fantastic, I lack the faith
to believe it possible--except at multiple Ghz, where both become the same!
However, it is very possible you might use the pocket antenna in places
where you could never never use the halfwave.
And of course, under such conditions--I would want the best possible pocket
antenna which could be constructed!

Warmest regards

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:58:51 -0800, "John Smith"
wrote:

Fact is, we hate to admit when we are wrong

Hi John,

That never fazed me as long as I was challenged by facts instead of
superstition. I have failed to many times to worry about it. As the
saying goes, if you haven't failed, you aren't trying hard enough.

... there is something
here which has been overlooked and current conventional thinking and
models
miss...

I try those angles, and go the extra mile. Evidence some 300+ pages
of examining fractal antennas:
http://www.qsl.net/kb7qhc/antenna/fractal/index.htm

This work eventually boiled down to a simple conclusion (not that the
leading proponent would allow his mystical explanation to be nudged
into the corner of drab insight).

These days I usually put a filter into the process by asking the
"inventor" a simple question:
Does it bring more than 1dB gain with it?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC